through August 13, 2017
Come to Burlington, VT for... A Homecoming for the AI Community and Beyond...
A CELEBRATION OF APPRECIATIVE VOICES FOR OUR TIMES!
In early 2016, many members of the AI community gathered to honor Jane Magruder Watkins for her pioneering contributions to AI and to launch a scholarship in her name. We loved being together so much that, as a group, we requested that there be another gathering like it; in fact, we thought we should celebrate AI and our community every year.
So, it’s happening. You’re all invited.
Register at this link: Click Here.
Join with us, new and seasoned AI practitioners, academics and students, in Burlington and experience the Champlain College campus, home of The David Cooperrider Center for Appreciative Inquiry. It’s a wonderful time to come together.
A CELEBRATION OF APPRECIATIVE VOICES FOR OUR TIMES
AI was made for these challenging times. This year our theme is one that can’t be ignored: voicing the appreciative -- in conversation, in media, in public forums, in organizational life, in community shaping. How do we create space and opportunity for conversations across divides, across borders, across values and visions that can help create a world we want to live in? How do we contribute?
- Hosts: The Taos Institute and the David L. Cooperrider Center for Appreciative Inquiry, Champlain College
- Who: Open to All — be sure you get your spot! We also want to encourage each of us to bring those who are new to AI. Let's bring the next generation of AI practitioners into the conversation!
August 11-13, 2017, Friday morning through Sunday lunch, with a Thursday evening (Aug 10) informal welcome gathering - more information to come.
- Where: Champlain College, David Cooperrider Center for Appreciative Inquiry, Burlington, Vermont
- Planning Team: Sallie Lee, Lindsey Godwin, Dawn Dole, Ada Jo Mann, Loretta Donovan, and Wendy White.
Get ready! Bring your best insights and innovations:
- Want to participate in the upcoming World Inquiry?
- Do you have an original film or film clip to share?
- An innovation to share in a ‘Tad Talk’ format? (Short 10 mins sharing)
- Explore a project you want the benefit of multiple voices connecting on?
- Participate in dialogues and sharing about how the appreciative voice and appreciative practices are important for these times we are living in.
- Let us know how you want to participate!
You know you want to come! Tell Everyone!
There are many lodgings nearby for our participants. See below for some ideas. Book early as Burlington can be very busy in August.
- General Rates: $375.00 (Lunch, breaks and materials included)
- Students: $325.00 (Lunch, breaks and materials included)
Register at this link:
Contact us for more information to help you get here: Sallie Lee - email@example.com
Lodging/Where to stay: www.champlain.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/visits-and-events/where-to-stay
Other ideas for places to stay - click here.
Any proceeds after expenses will be donated to the the Center for Appreciative Inquiry at Champlain College and the Jane Magruder Scholarship Fund sponsored by the Taos Institute.
Due to committed costs, registration refunds will be granted on the following basis:
- Registration cancellations made by July 1, 2017 will receive a 50% refund of fees paid
- Registration cancellations made by July 31, 2017 will receive a 25% refund of fees paid
- No refunds will be issued after August 1, 2017.