Nyenrode Business Universiteit
3621 BG Breukelen
+ 31 346 291424
Danielle Zandee is Associate Professor of Organizational Development and Change, as well as Director of the Advanced Management Program at Nyenrode. She coordinates the EMDC research program on Innovation of Managing and Organizing (IMO) and conducts action research into processes of organizational renewal. She designs and leads programs in which organizational change and management development are combined in an approach based on appreciative and action learning theory and principles.
Danielle has a BBA and MBA degree from Nyenrode Business Universiteit. In 1984 she started her career with the Royal/Dutch Shell Group where she worked as a HR-professional in both the Netherlands and South Africa. Fascinated by organizational and managerial dynamics, Danielle became a Program Manager in the Nyenrode EMDC where she designed and facilitated programs for companies like IBM, KPN and Rabo.
In 1995 Danielle went to Cleveland, USA, where she received her Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Case Western Reserve University. Here she collaborated with David Cooperrider and others in a number of Appreciative Inquiry initiatives and she taught in the Masters in Positive OD and Change Program (MPOD).
In 2007 Danielle returned to the Netherlands and to Nyenrode, where she now teaches affirmative approaches to organizing and change in a number of Executive Education programs. Danielle writes about the philosophy and practice of Appreciative Inquiry, about generative approaches to organizational development and design, and about the application of arts based processes in the field of management and organization development.
Publications of Danielle P. Zandee:
- Zandee, D. P., Cooperrider, D. L., & Avital, M. (Eds.). (Forthcoming). Advances in appreciative inquiry: Vol. 3 Organizational generativity. Bingley, England: Emerald Group Publishing.
- Zandee, D. P. (2008). The poetics of organizational design: How words may inspire worlds. In: M. Avital, R. J. Boland, & D. L. Cooperrider (Eds.), Advances in appreciative inquiry: Designing information and organizations with a positive lens. (Vol. 2, pp. 131-146). Oxford, England: Elsevier Science.
- Zandee, D. P., & Broekhuijsen, M. (2008). The theatrical rehearsal as bridge between text and performance in context. In: T. Keenoy, C. Oswick, I. Sabelis, & S. Ybema (Eds.), Organizational discourse: Translations, transformations and transgressions (pp. 248-251). Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Organizational Discourse, Leicester, England: KMCP University of Leicester.
- Zandee, D. P., & Cooperrider, D. L. (2008). Appreciable worlds, inspired inquiry. In: P. Reason & H. Bradbury (Eds.), Handbook of Action Research (2nd ed., pp. 190-198). London: Sage.
- Avital, M., & Zandee, D. P. (2007, November). Designing research with a positive lens. AI Practitioner, 36-41.
- Zandee, D. P., & Bilimoria, D. (2007). Institutional transformation through positive textual deviance. International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy, 27(11/12), 469-482.
- Zandee, D. P., & Bilimoria, D. (2006). Institutional transformation through positive textual deviance. In A. Beverungen, N. Ellis, T. Keenoy, C. Oswick, I. Sabelis, & S. Ybema (Eds.), Organizational discourse: Identity, ideology and idiosyncracy (pp. 348-350). Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Organizational Discourse. Leicester, England: KMCP University of Leicester.
- Zandee, D. P. (2004, October). BOVESPA and the Social Stock Exchange: Mobilizing the financial market for development. Commissioned by the United Nations Global Compact Office (Available at http://www.unglobalcompact.org/docs/news_events/9.1_news_archives/2004_10_11/bovespa_cs.pdf ).
- Zandee, D. P. (2004). A study in generative process: The art of theorizing. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
- Wyss-Flamm, E. D., & Zandee, D. P. (2001). Navigating between finite and infinite games in the managerial classroom. Journal of Management Education, 25(3), 292-307.
- Zandee, D. P. (2001, September). Images and Voices of Hope research program. (available at http://ai.cwru.edu/research/progImages.cfm).
To view her manuscripts click here