through Thurs., May 30, 2019
BOOTCAMP 1: CONVERSATIONS WORTH HAVING
BOOTCAMP 2: STRATEGIC CONVERSATIONS
in Burlington, Vermont
with Jackie Stavros and Cheri Torres
Communication. It remains the top issue for organizations, teams, and relationships. Almost everyone struggles with how to effectively communicate when they are frustrated or facing conflict. The effects of poor communication are costly. They show up in organizations as:
Employee disengagement, malaise, and turnover
Inability to give and receive critical feedback
Negative attitudes, cliques, and gossip: a culture of “me”
Conversations Worth Having Bootcamp is a two-part course offered through the Cooperrider Center of Appreciative Inquiry. Developed and taught by authors of Conversations Worth Having, Jackie Stavros and Cheri Torres, these courses aim to help you flip negative conversations, fuel productivity and meaningful engagement, and ask questions to ignite innovation!
May 29, 2019: 1-5 pm
May 30, 2019: 8:30 am-Noon
You will walk away prepared to:
- Keep your cool when you want to explode!
- Effectively challenge assumptions and preconceptions, including yours.
- Deal with conflict quickly and effectively.
- Fuel productive and meaningful engagement.
- Communicate successfully with people who hold negative attitudes or defensive positions.
- Give and receive critical feedback in ways that promote learning and high performance.
- Ask the kind of questions that deepen understanding, strengthen connections, and inspire possibility.
- Talk with colleagues in ways that invite them to collaborate on projects and strategic outcomes.
- Listen with genuine curiosity.
Frame any conversation, even one around a highly complex problem, to inspire creative and innovative thinking and solutions.
More Information about this course: Click Here.
Conversations Worth Having Bootcamp website.