through April 26
Learning Festival 2019
Giving life to education. Learning together, living together.
Welcome to the third International Learning Festival.
Dates: 25th and 26th of April 2019
Location: Holmen Fjordhotell, Nesbru in Asker, Norway
You are invited to share, to learn, and to create in a conference devoted to envisioning and inspiring the future education of youth.
We know that:
• Teachers and school leaders devote themselves with enthusiasm to providing rich and effective learning experiences.
• Parents, government officials, and concerned citizens are invested in education for excellence.
• Students are seldom enthusiastic about school; they are often bored or resistant.
• Students don’t find their interests represented in standardized curricula.
• Exams and grades contribute to a climate of stress and fear.
• Students who perform poorly become alienated and drop out.
• Competition is divisive.
• Many students cease to attend school at all.
• Bullying is commonplace and contributes to the atmosphere of fear.
• Top-Down policies stifle innovative teaching.
• Traditional subjects of study make little place for pressing social issues.
The Conference Challenge:
By sharing experiences and ideas, can we co-create a vision of schooling in which students are motivated and inspired, relationships are thriving, learning is effective, innovation is continuous, and there is a close relationship between schools and the surrounding world? Can we provide concrete examples, and develop realistic routes to these ends?
Registration and all the information: http://learningfestival2019.bfk.no/
While the conference will be especially relevant for educators – including teachers, administrators and academics – the invitation is open wide. The experiences and insights of policy makers, parents, and even our young students are invaluable. High profile speakers will also be invited to share their knowledge and wisdom.
Since 2011 YouthInvestAIB have an agreement with TRH Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit´s Foundation in Norway. From 2016 Youth Invest AIB also have support from the Egmont Fonden in Denmark. Their support gives us opportunity to make this conference together with our young learning colleagues. They will take part in the conference and do workshops etc.
Last autumn 2017 we did Ashoka choose YouthInvest AIB as a Change maker school, and everybody in Ashoka’s worldwide network is invited.