through Sun, February 22, 2015
Location: Evanston, Illinois, USA
Presenter: Jill Freedman & Gene Combs
We have designed this small-group intensive workshop to immerse you in narrative ideas and give you hands-on experience with narrative ways of working. The format is informal and highly interactive, so you will have lots of chances to practice putting the ideas into action. In addition to exercises and supervised practice, Jill and Gene will demonstrate the work through videotape and live interviews.
Topics for the week will include:
- Thinking in terms of the narrative metaphor
- Engaging in conversations that externalize problems
- Understanding problems in terms of their political and cultural contexts
- Asking questions to generate experience
- Using documents, letters, and teams to spread the news of preferred developments
- Moving from problems to preferred stories
Because this intensive workshop is limited to 12 participants Jill and Gene can respond to the specific questions, interests and contexts of each group member.
Details and registration for this workshop can be found here:
Contact us at [email protected] or 847-866-7879847-866-7879 with any questions, or visit our website at www.narrativetherapychicago.com for more information.
Evanston Family Therapy Center
1212 ½ Elmwood Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202