through Sun, June 21, 2015
Areas we will address include:
Location: Evanston, Illinois, USA
Presenter: Jill Freedman & Gene Combs
We have designed this one week intensive training for people who have already attended a Level One intensive or its equivalent and would like to more richly develop their knowledge and skills of narrative therapy. Because we limit attendance to a small group, we can tailor this skill-building workshop to the interests and contexts of each group member.
- Working with multiple ways of moving from problematic to preferred stories, including asking about the absent but implicit and initiatives and agency
- Creating documents and linking lives to enhance the development of preferred stories
- Developing experience-near questions to expose normalizing judgments and discourses
- Using narrative ideas in a variety of contexts — individual, couple, and family therapy, and community work
- Weaving practices together in ways that follow the preferences of those we work with
- Slowing down interviews to explore the effects of different practices and to expand our understanding of the micro-practices of narrative therapy.
- Our methods will include skill-building exercises, reviewing videos and transcripts, engaging in interviews together, and group discussion. Because this intensive workshop is limited to 12 participants
- Jill and Gene can respond to the questions, interests and contexts of each group member.
Prerequisite: Participants must have attended a Level One Intensive (or its equivalent) in order to attend this workshop.
Details and registration for this workshop can be found here:
Contact us at [email protected] or 847-866-7879847-866-7879 with any questions, or visit our website at www.narrativetherapychicago.com for more information.
Evanston Family Therapy Center
1212 ½ Elmwood Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202