22 Grand Avenue,
Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716
Phone: +1 732 939 8239
Co-Founder, Polymash, Inc.
As a positivity strategist, Robyn’s mission is to enable people, whoever they are, to elevate and amplify the co-creative capacity in their organizations and communities, so that everyone feels empowered as co-creators of their own futures.
Robyn specializes in participatory change methodologies in the field of human and organization development. Her flagship product is Appreciative Inquiry (AI). She spreads her mission and vision through speaking, writing, podcasting and workshop design and facilitation.
Her strengths are designing and facilitating strength-based change. She partners with leaders and teams across functional, cultural, and geographic boundaries, designing and delivering high impact, positive change with a focus on creating cultures of ownership, empowerment and inclusion. With strong leadership skills and experience in diverse arenas, she works to create change at deep, transformational levels resulting in sustainable, energizing outcomes.
Robyn has worked on a number of large-scale AI summits including BAE Systems on the topic of “Freedom to Step outside of our Comfort Zones” progressing their Diversity and Inclusion Strategy; ASAE & the Center for Association Leadership’s Global Summit on Social Responsibility, two World AI conferences, Strategic Planning for Community College, Leadership and Visioning for Google, Aligning Values and culture for Sonos, and Robyn has led many Appreciative Inquiry trainings over the years in New York City and in Sydney, Australia, and has been invited as guest lecturer and speaker at a range of educational institutions and conferences.
In 2015, Robyn joined the faculty at the David L. Cooperrider Center of Appreciative Inquiry, Robert P. Stiller School of Business, at Champlain College in Burlington VT, teaching Advanced Applications of Appreciative Inquiry in the Graduate Certificate Program, Positive Organizational Development.
Other organizations with whom Robyn has worked include KPMG, Accenture, Deutsche Bank, Telstra, National Australia Bank (NAB), Australia and New Zealand banking Corporation (ANZ), Pfizer, Abbot Laboratories, Coles Myer, HIH Winterthur, Merrill Lynch, Alcoa, Estee Lauder Corporation, Starcom Media Vest Group.
Academic qualifications include a BA from University of Sydney, and a Master of Organizational Behavior and Systems, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia and the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology. In addition, she has numerous certifications in the field of human and organization development, for example Positive Business and Society Change Program, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University.
Publications – Book and Apps:
- Appreciative Inquiry for Collaborative Solutions, (2010), Pfeiffer, Imprint of John Wiley, San Francisco (http://positivitystrategist.com/portfolio-item/collaborative-workshops/)
- Embracing Change, iPad app achieving #2 ranking on iTunes in the Business category (http://www.positivematrix.com/embracingchange/)
- Appreciative Inquiry – an Introduction, a newsreader app with overview of Appreciative inquiry and RSS feeds on positivity psychology (http://www.polymash.com/app/appreciative-inquiry-an-introduction/)
- Positivity Strategist Podcast http://positivitystrategist.com/podcast/
A weekly interview show with thought leaders on appreciative inquiry and other leading positive change methodologies
- TEDxNavesink Talk: “Playful Inquiry – Try this Anywhere”
A simple, intentionally appreciative inquiry can result in a playful state that fosters creativity, openness and togetherness
Web and Social Media Links:
- Website and Blog: Positivity Strategist (http://positivitystrategist.com)
- Twitter: robbiecat
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/positivitystrategist/
- Facebook: Embracing Change – (https://www.facebook.com/EmbracingChangeTheApp)
- Facebook: Positivity Strategist – https://www.facebook.com/PositivityStrategist/
- iPad App: Robyn Stratton-Berkessel, (2012) Embracing Change – Application of Appreciative Inquiry download on iTunes
- Podcast Show: Robyn Stratton-Berkessel, Positivity Strategist Podcast– Conversations with practitioners, authors and others who are applying positive, strength-based approaches to change