La Bovarde 37
Phone: +41 78 935 31 34
Chris Altmikus’ has had the opportunity to explore perspectives. Chris started out as an engineer, moved into international HR & organizational leadership roles, before setting up iDeA-Link, which he now consults with both, private and institutional clients, mainly in the area of developing organizations, transforming cultures and realizing leadership potential. He has studied, worked and lived in a number of countries and cultural contexts. Perspectives also shape language and language participates in shaping perspective. Today he mainly works in three languages alike, English, French and German.
Continuously opening up to and generating different, new perspectives, collectively, has become central to his work. In partnership with the clients, they enter a process of co-inquiry of how “ideas”, perspectives and representations of the world influence people’s actions, social interactions and the environment to become generative of new possibilities. This is key to continuous and sustainable transformation, as an individual, team or organization and large system.
Deeply grounded in a constructionist stance, Chris takes a pragmatic approach: He composes with tools he has acquired during his own developmental journey: Human Systems Engineering, Dialogic Practices, Art of Hosting, Appreciative Inquiry, (Large) Group Interventions, Emotional & Collective Intelligence, Embodiment, Experiential Learning & Serious Play, Theory U, NLP & Ericksonian Hypnosis as well as Transactional Analysis are tools he frequently draws from in order to propose answers to his clients’ calls.
These calls cover contexts such as personal & professional development, team development, negotiation & mediation, merges & acquisition and participatory processes.
The following provides examples of recent projects illustrating where his heart beats:
- Hosting a participatory process as part of a merger of two Swiss banks allowing associates of both organizations to inquire in partnership about the culture they want to give birth to and to call this culture into existence
- Facilitating a strategic renewal process for the Swiss umbrella organization for professional mediators and its regional members
- Building executive leadership teams
- Designing & delivering development workshops for organizational leaders in Emotional Intelligence
- Hosting a dialogue between partners of a small enterprise and their creditors in order to find openings during a liquidity crisis
- Hosting workshops on developing leadership in safety & health for a major global corporation
- Opening space for a French regional development agency bringing together more than 120 participants and actors in order to identify new local as well as regional development opportunities
- Leadership coaching and providing sustainable support as a trusted “sparring partner”
- Providing support to individuals experiencing burn-out or addiction in their ongoing recovery, self-discovery & transformation