W. Ellen Raboin, MBA, MSOD, Ph.D.
530 Edinburgh Circle, Danville, CA 94526
Ellen is a faculty member in the MAOD program at Sonoma State University using social construction and cultures as windows into Human Systems Redesign. She participates in health care research concerning collaborative ways of giving and receiving care. Her current work also includes a collaborative inquiry into medical education programs. Her research applies a practical communication perspective rooted in relational social constructionism and the Coordinated Management of Meaning. Her broader interests include exploring the meaning of health and healing in support of health care transformation. Ellen’s resonance with the relational component of meaning making and action taking comes from 25 years of experience in process engineering, hardware and software systems implementation, account management, and consulting in organizational change.
Ellen is an active board member for the Ronald McDonald House of San Francisco and is Past-President of the Bay Area Organization Development Network. She holds a Doctorate in Human and Organization Systems from Fielding Graduate University, a Masters in Organization Development from Pepperdine University, a MBA from Cal State, a BS in Chemical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology, and BA from Berry College.
- Raboin, W. E. (2010). The social construction of collaborative practice in a hospital unit. Fielding Graduate University, Santa Barbara, CA.
- Uhlig, P., Berry, B., Raboin, E., Brown, J., Erskin, J., Hendrich, A., et al. (2008). Preventing complications: New frontiers of safety science in cardiothoracic surgery In A. G. Little & W. H. Merrill (Eds.), Complications in cardiothoracic surgery: Avoidance and Treatment (2nd ed.): Blackwell USA.
- Hamilton, D. K., Orr, R., & Raboin, W. E. (Spring 2008). Organizational transformation: A model for joint optimization of culture change and evidence-based design. Health Environments Research & Design Journal, 1(3), 40-60.
- Raboin, E. (2004, Dec). Broadening whole system participation through virtual collaboration: How World Vision brought 4,500 People to Bangkok. Future Searching, 30.
- Raboin, W. E. (2003). Change management in palliative care with the objective of shifting focus of medical care to patient and family. Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA.