100 Heath Rd
United Kingdom L19 4TW
Phone: 44 151 427 1146
Tim Slack is Co founder of Appreciating People which is a management development consultancy specializing in strength based and whole system organization development principally through the philosophy and methodology of Appreciative Inquiry (AI). Established in May 2006 and based in Liverpool, Appreciating People is a consultancy specializing in organizational development (OD), using strength based approaches, and undertaking whole system change. At the centre of Appreciating People’s work is the use of the organization development philosophy and methodology Appreciative Inquiry. The company is recognized within the worldwide AI community has one of the leading AI based OD practices especially in the field of community development and production of AI.
Prior to establishing Appreciating People with Suzanne Quinney, Tim spent 30 years working in local Government and the voluntary sector. Experience has included senior management roles in young people’s services, urban regeneration and European Funded community economic development programs. Much of his work has been centered on social inclusion, and community development. He is an experienced AI practitioner and Self-factor coach as well as Cultural Transformation tools consultant. Much of his work is now focused on practical based AI training, production of accessible and user friendly AI resources. More recently he has been working on a suite of appreciative and strength based journals for a variety of groups including children, young people, parents and AI practitioners.
- Article Ai practitioner Vol 11 February 2009 learning from the Military: developing a AI based debrief tool kit
- Food for Thought a journal for Appreciating Life, Wordscapes 2012
AI essentials card based practical guide to principles and practice of AI (co-authored with Helen Bush) Wordscapes 2013
- Creating Great Conversations resource cards for developing better Appreciative Conversations Wordscapes 2014
- Taste of Appreciative Inquiry 12 card practical AI resource (co-authored with Helen Bush Wordscapes 2014
- How to be More Awesome appreciative and strength based workbook for young people ( co-authored with Suzanne Quinney) Wordscapes 2014
- Appreciating Church – a practical workbook and useful AI practise guide for Churches ( co-authored with Fiona Thomas) to be published in January 2017 Wordscapes