Pedro P. S. Martins, Ph.D.
Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Phone: +55 34 99874-0001
Pedro P. S. Martins, Ph.D., is a psychologist. He obtained his Doctoral and Master’s degree at the University of São Paulo, Brazil. His research focuses on the work with families in both clinical contexts, and mental health care, particularly aiming at the creation of generative conversational resources that bridge academic and practical knowledge. Dr. Martins has been a researcher at the Laboratory of Research and Studies in Group Practices (LAPEPG) (2011-2017); a collaborator at the Program for Family Care at the Psychiatric Day Hospital in the USP, Ribeirao Preto (2011-2015), and a visiting scholar at the University of New Hampshire (2012 and 2015). He is part of the research group “Psychology, Health and Social Constructionism,” and a member of the Taos Institute Latin America Council (2017-2020).
- Family as a discursive achievement: a relational account (co-authored with Sheila McNamee and Carla Guanaes-Lorenzi) – http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01494929.2014.938290
- The management of social problems talk in a support group (co-authored with Andrezza Peretti and Carla Guanaes-Lorenzi) – http://www.scielo.br/pdf/psoc/v25nspe/12.pdf
- Envisioning a participatory democracy: an interview with John Shotter – http://www.scielo.br/pdf/pe/v18n3/v18n3a16.pdf
- A Teoria do Manejo Coordenado do Sentido na
Pesquisa Psicologica (co-authored with Carla Guanaes-Lorenzi, John W.
Lannamann, and Sheila McNamee) – http://pepsic.bvsalud.org/pdf/arbp/v67n2/02.pdf
- A Terapia Focada na Solução e suas aproximações ao discurso construcionista social (co-authored with Emerson Rasera) – http://www.scielo.br/pdf/estpsi/v30n1/12.pdf
- Aproximações possíveis da Terapia Focada na Solução aos contextos grupais (co-authored with Emerson Rasera) – http://www.scielo.br/pdf/pcp/v33n2/v33n2a06.pdf