Alicia Moreno, Psy.D.
c/ Alcalá, 117, bajo derecha
Madrid 28009 (Spain)
Phone: (34) 91 435 15 30
Dr. Alicia Moreno is a clinical psychologist, coach and trainer specialized in systemic and narrative therapy. She began her graduate training and professional experience in the United States and has always enjoyed learning, sharing and working in international and multicultural environments. She has more than 20 years of experience both as a university professor and as a clinician, working with individuals, couples and families that consult for a variety of difficulties, conflicted relationships, or the impact of crises, life transitions or losses. Alicia has been the Director of the Master´s program in Marital and Family Therapy at Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Madrid) for 15 years and she presented her clinical and research work in international congresses. She teaches in graduate programs in several Spanish universities. She has a passion for participating in and creating collaborative contexts of learning, and is now developing her own training project for personal/ professional development and for practitioners (psychotherapists, social workers, coaches) who want to specialize in systemic and narrative approaches. The systemic approach has traditionally been her main framework, and in recent years she has developed a very close relationship with social constructionism and the narrative and collaborative practices. She is also interested in gender issues and how the social inequalities and normative discourses get played out in our lives, relationships and work.
Alicia has written several articles and book chapters on the applications of the systemic approach and the narrative model, gender issues and intervention strategies. Her most recent publication is “Manual de terapia sistémica. Principios y herramientas de intervención” (Handbook of systemic therapy. Intervention principles and tools). Madrid: Desclée de Brouwer, 2014. She edited the book, pioneer in Spain, brings together the main conceptual systemic tools, a detailed description of the different systemic and narrative models, and issues around training and supervision. She is the author of the chapter on Narrative therapy, and co-author of the chapters on Intergenerational therapy and Systemic therapeutic skills.
- Collegiate member of the Official College of Psychologists in Spain. Accredited as Clinical Psychologist (Ministry of Education), Systemic Family Therapist and Supervisor (Spanish Federation of Family Therapy Associations; FEATF), Psychotherapist (Spanish Federation of Psychotherapy Associations; FEAP), and Psychologist and Specialist in Psychotherapy (European Federation of Psychologists´ Associations; EFPA).
- Moreno, A. (Editor). Manual de terapia sistémica. Principios y herramientas de intervención. Madrid: Desclèe De Brouwer, 2014 http://www.edesclee.com/manual-de-terapia-sist%C3%A9mica-principios-y-herramientas-de-intervenci%C3%B3n-detail
Download book´s table of contents, foreword by Carlos Sluzki and introduction:
Link to Amazon:
Reviews of the book for download:
- Revista de Psicoterapia, 16 (100): 193-196. March 2015. Author: Danilo Moggia
- Aperturas Psicoanalíticas, 49. April 2015. Author: Altea de Eusebio. (Review and summary of the 1st part of the book) http://www.aperturas.org/articulos.php?id=0000903&a=Manual-de-Terapia-Sistemica-Principios-y-herramientas-de-intervencion-[Moreno-A-ed]
- Aperturas Psicoanalíticas, 50. July 2015. Author: Eugenio Gómez de Agüero (Review and summary of the 2nd part of the book). http://www.aperturas.org/articulos.php?id=0000913&a=Manual-de-Terapia-Sistemica-Principios-y-herramientas-de-intervencion-II-[Moreno-A-ed]
- Clínica e investigación relacional, 9 (2): 522-527. June 2015. Author: Raquel Mora http://www.psicoterapiarelacional.es/Portals/0/eJournalCeIR/V9N2_2015/Mora_Review_AMoreno_Manual-de-Terapia-Sistemica_CeIR_V9N2.pdf
- Redes. Revista de psicoterapia relacional e intervenciones sociales, 32: 117-118. December 2015. Author: Estefanía Martínez http://www.redesdigital.com/index.php/redes/article/view/47/107
Articles for download:
- Moreno, A.: Quiero recuperar el control. Un caso de terapia individual desde el enfoque sistémico (I want to get back control. An individual systemic therapy case). Revista Clínica Contemporánea, 2 (1): 25-37. 2011. Online publication by the Official Psychologists Association.
Moreno, A. et al.: Relación de pareja y sintomatología depresiva en la mujer: implicaciones clínicas desde una perspectiva de género (Marital dynamics and depressive symptomatology in women: Clinical implications from a gender perspective). Apuntes de Psicología (Publication by the Official Association of Psychologists of Western Andalucía), 27 (2-3): 489-506. 2009.