Eleftheria Tseliou, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Research Methodology and Qualitative Methods
Laboratory of Psychology (http://psychologylab.ece.uth.gr/en)
Department of Early Childhood Education
University of Thessaly
Argonafton & Fillelinon str.
38 221 Volos, Greece
Phone/Fax: +30 24210 06358
Eleftheria Tseliou is an Associate Professor of Research Methodology and Qualitative Methods at the Department of Early Childhood Education, University of Thessaly, Greece. She is also a psychologist, systemic family therapist and trainer. She holds a first degree in Philosophy, Education and Psychology and a M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. She also holds a M.Sc. in Family Therapy and a Ph.D. in Psychology from the Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College, University of London. She has been a part-time lecturer in University departments in Greece (Department of Psychology and Department of Primary Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Special Needs Education, University of Thessaly). She is a member of several national and international associations and her work has been published in international journals. Her interests include the development of qualitative research methodologies, like discourse and conversation analysis and the study of psychotherapeutic process in systemic family therapy as well as the study of educational processes. She has published in international Journals, like Family Process, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy and Journal of Family Therapy. She has also co-edited the book Education as Social Construction: Contributions to Theory, Research, and Practice, with T. Dragonas, K. Gergen, and S. McNamee (Taos WorldShare, 2015).
- Tseliou, E. & Borcsa, M. (in press). Discursive methodologies for couple and family therapy research: Editorial to special section. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy.
- Givropoulou, D., & Tseliou, E. (2017). Moving between dialogic reflexive processes in systemic family therapy training: An interpretative phenomenological study of trainees’ experience. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. Advance online publication. doi:10.1111/jmft.12237
Video Abstract at: https://youtu.be/-pG_0I0OSy4
- Kelesidou, S., Chatzikou, M., Tsiamaga, E., Koutra, E., Abakoumkin, G., & Tseliou, E. (2016). The role of parents’ educational level and centre type in parent satisfaction with early childhood care centres: A study in Greece. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal. Advance online publication. doi:10.1080/1350293X.2016.1203570
- Patrika, P., & Tseliou, E. (2016). The ‘blame game’: Discourse analysis of family members and therapist negotiation of problem definition in systemic family therapy. European Journal of Counseling Psychology, 4(1), 101-122. doi:10.5964/ejcop.v4i1.80. Retrieved from: http://ejcop.psychopen.eu/article/view/80
P., & Tseliou, E. (2016). Blame, responsibility and systemic
neutrality: A discourse analysis methodology to the study of family
therapy problem talk. Journal of Family Therapy, 38(4), 467-490. doi:
Video abstract at: https://youtu.be/dhhDZ6g07ew
- Diorinou, M. & Tseliou, E. (2014). Studying circular questioning ‘in situ’: Discourse analysis of a first systemic family therapy session. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 40(1), 106-121. doi:10.1111/jmft.12005
- Tseliou, E. (2013). A critical methodological review of discourse and conversation analysis studies of family therapy. Family Process, 52(4), 653-672. doi:10.1111/famp.12043
Video Abstract at: https://youtu.be/8-9sS2PzKaE
- Tseliou, E. (2013). Una Revision Metodologica Crıtica de Estudios de Terapia Familiar que Utilizan Analisis de Discurso y Analisis de la Conversacion. Family Process, 52, 1-24. doi:10.1111/famp.12043
- Tseliou, E. (2013). Systemic family therapy in Greece: Polyphony and diversity. Contemporary Family Therapy. 35(2), 223-243. doi:10.1007/s10591-013-9245-7
- Tseliou, E. (2010). From feedback to reflexivity: Inspirations by a ‘polyphonic dialogue’ methodology in trainee’s evaluation. Journal of Family Τherapy, 32, 334-337. doi:10.1111/j.1467-6427.2010.00509.x
- Tseliou. E. & Eisler, I. (2007). ‘You’ and ‘I’, ‘Us’ and ‘Them’: A systemic-discursive approach to the study of ethnic stereotypes in the context of British-Greek heterosexual couple relationships. Family Process, 46, 515-522. doi:10.1111/j.1545-5300.2007.00229.x
- Tseliou, E. (2007). ‘Polyphonic dialogue’ as a means for teaching systemic and social-constructionist ideas. Journal of Family Therapy, 29, 330-333. doi:10.1111/j.1467-6427.2007.00395.x
- Tseliou, E., & Psaropoulos, G. (2005). Punctuating circularity and reflexivity: Some reflections following a systemic perspective to ethics. Brief Strategic and Systemic Therapies, 2, 31-45.
- Dragonas, Th., Gergen, K., McNamee, S., & Tseliou, E. (Eds.). (2015). Education as Social Construction: Contributions in theory, research and practice. Chagrin Falls, Ohio: Taos Institute Worldshare Books Publications. Available at: http://www.taosinstitute.net/education-as-social-construction-contributions-to-theory-research-and-practice
- Tseliou, E. (2018). Conversation analysis, discourse analysis and psychotherapy research: Overview and methodological potential. In O. Smoliak, & T. Strong (Eds.), Discursive research and therapies. London, UK: Palgrave MacMillan.
- Tseliou, E. (2017). Conversation and discourse analysis in couple and family therapy. In J. L., Lebow, A. L., Chambers, & D. C. Breunlin (Eds.), Encyclopedia of couple and family therapy. Springer. Early online publication. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-15877-8_941-1
- Tseliou, E., Abakoumkin, G., Kokkini, V., Nanouri K., & Valai, F. (2016). Reflexive processes in higher education: Systemic dilemmas in teaching research methodology by means of ‘polyphonic dialogue’. In I. MacCarthy & G. Simon (Eds.), Systemic therapy as transformative practice (154-168). Farnhill Yorkshire, UK: Everything is connected press.
- Dragonas, Th., Gergen, K., McNamee, S., & Tseliou, E. (2015). Education as Social Construction: An introduction. In Th. Dragonas, K. Gergen, S. McNamee, & E. Tseliou (Eds.), Education as Social Construction: Contributions in theory, research and practice (pp. ix-xxiii). Chagrin Falls, Ohio: Taos Institute Worldshare Books Publications. Available at: http://www.taosinstitute.net/education-as-social-construction-contributions-to-theory-research-and-practice
- Tseliou, E. (2015). Discourse analysis and educational research: Challenge and promise. In Th. Dragonas, K. Gergen, S. McNamee, & E. Tseliou (Eds.), Education as Social Construction: Contributions in theory, research and practice (pp. 263-282). Chagrin Falls, Ohio: Taos Institute Worldshare Books Publications. Available at: http://www.taosinstitute.net/education-as-social-construction-contributions-to-theory-research-and-practice
- Tseliou, E. (2014). Systemic family psychotherapy. In T. Teo (Ed.), Encyclopedia of critical psychology (pp. 1908-1913). New York: Springer. doi:10.1007/978-1-4614-5583-7