Kristina Brajović Car, Ph.D.
Date of birth: 25.11.1977
Faculty for Media and Communications,
Department of Psychology,
Karadordeva 65, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 (0)11 2626784, +381 (0)63 8489944,
- 2005 – Graduated at the University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philosophy, Department of Psychotherapy and Counseling.
- 2006 – 2007 – Master graduation thesis under the title “Dynamics of Partnership Communication from the Angle of Transactional Analysis” at Faculty for Media and Communication, Singidunum University, Belgrade.
- 2008 – Certified systemic family counselor/practitioner in accordance with the European Association for Psychotherapy training standards.
- 2009 – Certified by the European Association for Transactional Analysis as CTA Psychotherapist.
- 2013 – Defended PhD thesis at the Tilburg University, as Taos Institute/Tilburg University PhD student.
In the dissertation under the title “Reconstruction of Autonomy in
Transactional Analysis: From Classical Transactional Analysis to a
Social Constructionist Perspective on Autonomy in Partnership“ Kristina
Brajovic Car deals with cross-cultural comparative study of
psychotherapist practice, which often discovers existence of value and
ideology discrepancy between the therapy discourse and the context that
the person is coming from. Application of in-depth interviews and
systematic observation of partnership dialogues in this research have
the aim to put under light local connotative meanings and pragmatic
implications of the constructions in the contest of partnership therapy
in Serbia, both from the position of practitioner and from the position
of a client. Qualitative methodology applied in this work comprises
multiple case studies, adequate sampling, inductive analysis,
observation with participation, interviewees with clients, and
analytical reading of relevant literature. The obtained data were
processed through qualitative, interpretative analysis of contents of
interviewees’ answers and the very flow of conversation.
Projects and Work Experience:
- Member of Commission for Project Evaluation in the Area of Culture with the Belgrade City Secretariat for Culture, from 2009 until 2013.
- She is a member of EATA Research Committee within the Council of European Association for Transactional Analysis from July 2012, for the period of four years.
- In July 2007 was awarded a grant by European Association for Transactional Analysis in Psychotherapy (EATA Research Committee) for team conduction of clinical research under the title “Development and standardisation of TA instruments for improved implementation of transactional analysis in psychotherapy”. Presentation of results to expert public was held at the II Congress of Transactional Analyst Researchers in Great Britain (Luton, November 12-14, 2012).
- She has participated on the project Promotion of healthy life styles for youth, via new media (2010-2011) – as a researcher and analyst. The project was financed and ordered by the Merck Group. Project was carried out by CeSID and SVA.
- Since 2008, is working as psychotherapist and consultant for psychological assessment at general Hospital Bel Medic in Belgrade.
- Since 2006, is working as associate professor at the Faculty for Media and Communication, on the courses Psychology of Communication and Interpersonal Communication Skills, as well as creator and moderator of psycho-educational experiential workshops for psychology students, within the framework of joint study program of Department for Psychology and Psychotherapy of Faculty for Media and Communication and Sigmund Freud University in Vienna.
- 2005 -2008 – Worked as psychology counselor and program leader of psychology workshops for improvement of communication skills within the Youth counseling section of Cultural Centre for Youth “Dom Omladine” Belgrade (DOB). She was the author of psycho-educational program for youth in DOB as well educational publication for youth and parents. The project goal was development of out-of-institutional form of prevention and protection of mental health among adolescent population. The project was supported by the Canada Fund and Secretariat for Sports and Youth of Belgrade, realised in cooperation with Youth Counseling Section of DOB, in September 2007-February 2008 period. Creation of this program, coordinated by Kristina Brajovic Car, came out as response to the recognized need for mobilization of local public resources in promotion and protection of mental health. Since that period, Kristina Brajovic Car is regularly present in media national and local (Blic daily, TV Studio B, RTS, TV Prva, etc). The issues promoted in these media deal with practical application of modern psychology theories into the area of inter-personal communication, most frequently related to family communication.
- In 2003 worked as associate-researcher in qualitative analytical researches of the Strategic Marketing and Media Researches Institute (SMMRI).
- In 2002, she has participated in preparation and realization of series of educational seminars dedicated to healthy life styles, organized by Red Cross Serbia.