Lone Hersted, MA, Ph.D.
MA, Assistant Professor, Ph.D. in Relational Leading and Dialogic Process
Aalborg University (DK)
Phone: +45 23 70 86 84
Lone Hersted (M.A.) works as an assistant professor at the Department of Learning and Philosophy at Aalborg University (Denmark). Her teaching and research is concerned with leadership, organizational development and learning, coaching, innovative and creative change processes, dialogue training, conflict dissolution and collaborative team development. At Aalborg University, Lone is the responsible coordinator and lecturer of the M.A. program entitled Master in Organizational Coaching and Learning. Lone has also worked as a consultant since 2003 and, in addition to her academic work, contributes to organizational development and learning processes through coaching, supervision, action research, workshops etc.
Originally Lone was educated as an actress at the Nordic Theatre School (1993), and obtained a Masters Degree in Dramaturgy at Aarhus University (DK 2002). She has more than 10 years’ professional work experience in performance theatre production and interactive digital arts. She has also been directing international cultural and theatre projects e.g. in Latin America.
In 2007 she was trained and certified as a systemic coach at Attractor (DK), and in 2010 she obtained a Certificate Degree in Systemic Leadership and Organizational Development at the University of Bedfordshire in collaboration with KCC (GB) and MacMann Berg (DK).
In addition, Lone has worked as a family therapist at the Municipality of Aarhus (DK). Here she worked with traumatized refugee families and their integration into the Danish society.
- 2017: Article: Working with Organizational Learning and Leadership Development with Inspiration from John Shotter. In: International Journal of Collaborative Dialogic Practices. Special issue 7(1), January 27, 2017. Peer reviewed.
- 2017: An article about the use of roleplaying as a method for learning and participatory research: Reflective Roleplaying on the development of dialogic skill. In: The Journal of Transformative Education, SAGE: (January 2017), pp. 1-19. Peer reviewed.
- 2016: Ph.D. dissertation (in two volumes). Submitted in November 2016 at Aalborg University. Vol. 1 published by Aalborg University Press. ISSN (online) 2246-123X, ISBN (online) 978-87-7112-843-7 (vol. 2 consists of 7 articles and book chapters published elsewhere).
- 2016: Constructing Leadership Identities through Stories. Article written together with Søren Frimann published in: Tamara Journal of Critical Organization Inquiry vol. 4, issue 4, pp. 149-162. Peer reviewed.
- 2016: Translation into Japanese and publication of the book Relational Leading written together with Kenneth J. Gergen. Tokyo: Discover. Peer reviewed.
- 2015: A book chapter in the anthology: Leadership-as-Practice: A New Movement in Leadership. Edited by Joseph A. Raelin (US). Peer reviewed. Published at Routledge Business & Management. The chapter is written together with K.J. Gergen. The title of the chapter is: Leading as Dialogic Practice.
- 2015: Co-author of the book: “Bevægelige verdener. Prospektive begreber til situerede sociale undersøgelser”. Main author of the book: Professor in communication philosophy John Shotter. Title of my chapter: At tænke ledelses- og organisationsudvikling med John Shotter. Published by Mindspace (DK). Peer reviewed.
- 2015: Co-author of a research book on creativity with colleagues from Aalborg University entitled “Behind the
Scenes of Artistic Creativity – Perspectives for Learning, Creating and Organizing”. Published by Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Peer reviewed.
- 2014: Co-author of a book about Relational Leading with colleagues at Aalborg University entitled Relational Perspectives on Leading published in Danish by Hans Reitzel (2014) and in English by Palgrave Macmillan (2015). Peer reviewed.
- 2013: Co-author of the book Relational Leading – Practices for Dialogue based Collaboration in collaboration with Professor in Psychology Kenneth J. Gergen (US). Published by Forlaget Mindspace (Danish version) and TAOS Publications (English version). Peer reviewed.
- 2011: Co-author at the book Kreativ Procesledelse – nye veje til bedre praksis. Published by Dansk Psykologisk Forlag (DK).
- 2009: Co-author at Ledelsesbaseret coaching. Article written together with Carsten Hornstrup (DK)
- 2007: Co-author at Gyldendals Teaterleksikon. Gyldendal (DK). Edited by Alette Scavenius.
- 2002: Co-author at the anthology Teaterlandskaber: Nedslag i Robert Wilsons univers udgivet af Teatret Kaleidoskop på forlaget Drama (DK). Edited by Nicole Langkilde & Laura Luise Schultz.
- 2002: Co-author at the anthology Come in – Go out (concerning the artistic work of Robert Wilson). Edited by Line Hjorth & Dina Maria Arnesen. Published by Informations Forlag (DK)
- 1997: Author of the article ”Teater og shamanisme mellem rustne jernkonstruktioner og frodig regnskov” in the Annual Review at the Department of Dramaturgy, University of Aarhus (DK)